https://wildequity.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/transparent-logo.png 0 0 Wild Equity https://wildequity.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/transparent-logo.png Wild Equity2009-11-25 01:25:342009-11-25 01:25:34Endangered Species Big Year Ethical Principles
To help the GGNP’s endangered species thrive, all GGNP Endangered Species Big Year participants must follow these Ethical Principles:
Be a responsible National Park visitor.
- Never take any animal, plant, or any other item from the Park.
- Keep clothes and shoes clean so you don’t inadvertently spread invasive plant seeds.
- Learn and respect the rules and values of the National Park.
- Promote the protection and preservation of park resources and values for future generations.
- Share these ethics by word and by example.
Respect wildlife and wildlife habitats.
- Walk and talk softly.
- Stay on trails and within designated public areas; exercise caution to avoid disturbing or modifying endangered species habitat.
- Never feed wildlife. Allow wild animals to carry on their lives without disruption.
- Never use calls, recordings or other intrusive methods to attract threatened or endangered species.
- Properly dispose of trash; leave behind only footprints.
- Leave pets at home.
Respect the rights of others.
- Observe all laws and regulations governing roads and public areas.
- Behave in a courteous manner that will generate goodwill for the naturalist community.