Wild Equity appealed the Preliminary Mitigated Negative Declaration released for the Sharp Park Pumphouse Project, arguing that the city should do a full Environmental Impact Report (EIR). We will be going before the San Francisco Planning Commission to make our case for a full EIR as soon as it the item is placed on the agenda.
We believe a full EIR is necessary because:
- Experts have stated even a mitigated Pumphouse Project will have significant impacts on the California Red-legged Frog and San Francisco Garter Snake populations at Sharp Park.
- The Pumphouse Project will have significant environmental effects on the water quality and hydrology at Sharp Park.
- There are alternatives to the Pumphouse Project and an EIR is needed to adequately consider these alternatives.
- Sharp Park is suffering from a piecemeal approach to planning.
- The Pumphouse Project conflicts with the Coastal Act.
- The impact on the recovery plan for the California Red-legged Frog is not addressed in the Pumphouse Project.